MUST BOOK PROCEDURE BEFORE 4/1/2019
Surgery to Improve the TummyThere are many cosmetic surgery procedures that help enhance your figure and an abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, is a surgical procedure designed to address stubborn fat deposits and excess skin in the abdominal region that you cannot eliminate regardless of how hard you try. Due to genetic predisposition, pregnancy, childbirth, weight loss, or the natural aging process: the muscles in the abdomen are often pushed apart and stretched out making it exceptionally difficult for even the healthiest diet and most rigorous exercise routines to re-tighten them. A tummy tuck from Atlanta Aesthetics will strengthen the core muscles of your stomach and remove extra skin to help you attain a flat, firmer, and well-toned abdomen.
Benefits of a Tummy TuckA tummy tuck may not be right for you if you are looking for a way to lose weight. Rather, the surgery is for men and women who follow proper diet and exercise, yet still have fatty bulges on the front and side abdominal areas. A tummy tuck will:
- Tighten the skin
- Make underlying muscles more taut
- Remove deposits of extra fat
The Tummy Tuck EvaluationDuring your initial consultation at Atlanta Aesthetics, Dr. Killingsworth will perform a thorough evaluation of your health (including your medical history) before assessing the laxity of your skin and determining the extent of excess tissue and fat deposits you have around your abdominal area. Dr. Killingsworth will encourage you to be specific about the changes you want and they will take the time to understand your desires to determine if they are realistic. If you qualify as a candidate for abdominoplasty, Dr. Killingsworth will then recommend and customize a treatment plan designed to meet or exceed your expectations and goals.
The Tummy Tuck ProcedureThe best option for your abdominoplasty surgery will be discussed in detail during your consultation and while abdominoplasty surgery is not an alternate to a healthy weight loss program, it can be a great option if you want a firmer abdominal contour that is more proportionate to your body type and weight.
Tummy Tuck OptionsThere are basically three different types of tummy tuck procedures:
- Complete Abdominoplasty: A complete abdominoplasty requires an incision above the pubic hairline, an incision around the umbilicus, or belly button, and a tightening of the rectus abdominis muscles (the pair of muscles that run vertically on each side of the stomach’s front wall). During this procedure, muscle tightening, as well as skin removal, is used to improve the stomach’s contour and in some cases, liposuction may be performed at the same time as a complete tummy tuck.
- Partial or Mini-Abdominoplasty (Mini Tummy Tuck): The mini-abdominoplasty is performed on patients who need mild-to-moderate stomach contour changes and those who have minimal amounts of excess skin with little weakness of the abdominal wall. During a mini-abdominoplasty, the navel incision is eliminated and when necessary, liposuction may also be performed at the same time.
- Circumferential Abdominoplasty: Skin laxity and excess skin can involve not only the abdominal area but the back region as well. When a patient has significant excess fat in the stomach and back area, an abdominoplasty can be performed with liposuction of the back region or a circumferential abdominoplasty can be performed. The benefit of the circumferential abdominoplasty is that both skin and fat can be removed in the stomach, hip, and back area three-dimensionally improving body contour.