Tummy Tuck in Atlanta, GA
A toned, tight abdomen is appealing to both men and women. As we age, though, the battle against tummy fat becomes more difficult. If you have small bulges on your abdomen that are resistant to diet and exercise, consider a tummy tuck at Atlanta Aesthetics. With our office in Atlanta, double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Christopher Killingsworth and Atlanta plastic surgeon Dr. Cristen Catignani are Atlanta’s tummy tuck specialist.
Surgery to Improve the Tummy
There are many cosmetic surgery procedures that help enhance your figure and an abdominoplasty, also known as a tummy tuck, is a surgical procedure designed to address stubborn fat deposits and excess skin in the abdominal region that you cannot eliminate regardless of how hard you try. Due to genetic predisposition, pregnancy, childbirth, weight loss, or the natural aging process: the muscles in the abdomen are often pushed apart and stretched out making it exceptionally difficult for even the healthiest diet and most rigorous exercise routines to re-tighten them. A tummy tuck from Atlanta Aesthetics will strengthen the core muscles of your stomach and remove extra skin to help you attain a flat, firmer, and well-toned abdomen.
Benefits of a Tummy Tuck
A tummy tuck may not be right for you if you are looking for a way to lose weight. Rather, the surgery is for men and women who follow proper diet and exercise, yet still have fatty bulges on the front and side abdominal areas. A tummy tuck will:
- Tighten the skin
- Make underlying muscles more taut
- Remove deposits of extra fat
The Tummy Tuck Evaluation
During your initial consultation at Atlanta Aesthetics, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will perform a thorough evaluation of your health (including your medical history) before assessing the laxity of your skin and determining the extent of excess tissue and fat deposits you have around your abdominal area. Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will encourage you to be specific about the changes you want and they will take the time to understand your desires to determine if they are realistic. If you qualify as a candidate for abdominoplasty, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will then recommend and customize a treatment plan designed to meet or exceed your expectations and goals.
The Tummy Tuck Procedure
The best option for your abdominoplasty surgery will be discussed in detail during your consultation and while abdominoplasty surgery is not an alternate to a healthy weight loss program, it can be a great option if you want a firmer abdominal contour that is more proportionate to your body type and weight.
Tummy Tuck Options
There are basically three different types of tummy tuck procedures:
- Complete Abdominoplasty: A complete abdominoplasty requires an incision above the pubic hairline, an incision around the umbilicus, or belly button, and a tightening of the rectus abdominis muscles (the pair of muscles that run vertically on each side of the stomach’s front wall). During this procedure, muscle tightening, as well as skin removal, is used to improve the stomach’s contour and in some cases, liposuction may be performed at the same time as a complete tummy tuck.
- Partial or Mini-Abdominoplasty (Mini Tummy Tuck): The mini-abdominoplasty is performed on patients who need mild-to-moderate stomach contour changes and those who have minimal amounts of excess skin with little weakness of the abdominal wall. During a mini-abdominoplasty, the navel incision is eliminated and when necessary, liposuction may also be performed at the same time.
- Circumferential Abdominoplasty: Skin laxity and excess skin can involve not only the abdominal area but the back region as well. When a patient has significant excess fat in the stomach and back area, an abdominoplasty can be performed with liposuction of the back region or a circumferential abdominoplasty can be performed. The benefit of the circumferential abdominoplasty is that both skin and fat can be removed in the stomach, hip, and back area three-dimensionally improving body contour.
In a traditional tummy tuck, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will make a horizontal incision just above your pubic hairline and the length of the incision will be determined by the amount of excess fat and skin that you have. As they do in every surgery they perform, Dr. Killingsworth and Dr. Catignani attempts to make the incision as discreet as possible so that any residual scarring can be easily camouflaged with clothing. Excess skin and fat is removed from the lower abdomen and the weakened underlying muscles are also tightened, narrowing the waistline while firming the midsection. The remaining skin is pulled taut around the stomach and the incision is then closed with sutures. Often performed in combination with liposuction, a tummy tuck can greatly reduce the appearance of a protruding abdomen.
After your abdominoplasty, your final results may be initially hidden by swelling however once your healing is complete (this may take several weeks or even months depending on your healing capabilities) your new slimmer profile will become apparent and you will enjoy the results for years to come. If you think a tummy tuck may be right for you, please call Atlanta Aesthetics today and let us schedule your consultation with Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani.
Atlanta Tummy Tuck Cost and Financing Options
Dr. Christopher Killingsworth and Dr. Cristen Catignani specialize in several tummy tuck techniques to give men and women the perfect abdominal areas. They select the technique that is right for you, so the cost varies by patient. After your consultation, we give you a detailed cost of the tummy tuck. You can pay for the procedure by cash, personal check, credit card and CareCredit® financing.
Small bulges of fat hide the hard work you put into toning your midsection. A tummy tuck by double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon, Dr. Christopher Killingsworth, and Atlanta plastic surgeon, Dr. Cristen Catignani, give you the advantage you need over stubborn tummy fat. Contact us today to schedule a personal consultation at our Atlanta location.