Some of the most common cosmetic concerns for men and women in and around Atlanta involve the skin and features of the face. Atlanta Aesthetics offers facial surgery to improve the contours of your face and reduce the signs of aging. Chosen as the 2015 Best Cosmetic Surgeon for the Best of Forsyth Reader’s Choice Awards, Dr. Christopher Killingsworth is a double board-certified plastic surgeon. He earned the trust of residents in Cumming, Forsyth County, Atlanta and surrounding areas in Georgia.
Surgical Options for the Face
When the structure of your face is not balanced, facial rejuvenation and sculpting involves creating a combination of cosmetic surgery and treatment options to reverse the disproportion and some facial procedures offered at Atlanta Aesthetics include:
- Brow Lift (Forehead Lift): A brow lift will raise drooping eyebrows by tightening the skin and muscles of the forehead.
- Ear Surgery (Otoplasty): Ear surgery is performed to set prominent ears back closer to the head or to reduce the size of large ears.
- Eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty): Eyelid surgery will improve the entire eye area and make the eyes appear more “rested” and youthful.
- Facelift (Face Lift): A facelift will reduce neck and facial sagging and tighten the contours of the cheek, mouth, and eyes.
- Facial Implants (Facial Plastic Surgery): Facial implants are designed to change the underlying structure of your face. The most common areas of augmentation are the chin, cheeks, lips, and the deep groove between the cheeks and upper lip known as the melo-labial groove or the nasolabial fold. Temporary augmentation can be achieved with facial fillers, and permanent augmentation involves implants.
- Lip Augmentation: Lip augmentation is for patients seeking an increase in the definition and/or size of their lips. Lip augmentation can produce dramatic or subtle results depending on your preference and enhancement can be accomplished with the use of injectable fillers, implants, or through other surgical techniques.
- Neck Lift: The neck area is prone to develop loose skin, wrinkles, fatty deposits and banding as a result of aging, weight loss and sun damage. Neck lift surgery at Atlanta Aesthetics gives you a younger, toned neck and jaw line.
- Rhinoplasty (Nose Job): Rhinoplasty surgery will change the size or shape of your nose for cosmetic or functional reasons.
Improving the Face with Surgery
Defined facial features, visible contours, and proportionate, natural angles that create a structural balance characterize a youthful face but unfortunately, we cannot maintain our youthful features forever as facial aging is an inevitable process that affects us all. Structural, soft tissue and skin changes develop into wrinkles, progressive sagging (ptosis), and/or the degeneration, decline, or decrease of volume (atrophy). Deflation refers to the progressive loss of volume in our faces that leaves our skin to support the shrinking fat, muscle, and bone and while all of our facial structures are affected by atrophy: volume loss primarily occurs in the subcutaneous fat compartments and to a lesser extent in the bone, muscle, and skin layers.
Minimally Invasive Options to Improve the Face
Atlanta Aesthetics also offers minimally invasive procedures for women who are not ready to undergo surgery and some of those include:
- BOTOX® is a protein that weakens muscles that cause your skin to wrinkle. BOTOX® is a quick procedure that is injected under the skin into areas surrounding the forehead, eyes, and mouth to improve “worry lines”, “frown lines”, and “crow’s feet”.
- Dermal Fillers provide women minimally invasive and non-invasive treatments to enhance the look and feel of their skin, which make them look younger. Dermal filler injection is a material injected underneath the skin to smooth out wrinkles by plumping up specific areas that may include the nasolabial fold, marionette lines, and oral commissures.
The Importance of Facial Appearance
How you feel about yourself when you look in the mirror is how those around you see you as well. Your face is the first impression you make and over time the effects of gravity, sun exposure, stress, environmental factors, and the natural aging process can take its toll. Plastic surgery is the art of improving one’s appearance by combining science and medicine. This applies to both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery. As we continue to live healthier and longer lives, more people today are deciding they want to maintain their youthfulness at Atlanta Aesthetics, Dr. Killingsworth looks forward to helping you look as young as you feel. Facial plastic surgery procedures are designed to alter and improve the appearance of specific features of the face, head, and neck and in some cases, the procedures will improve function as well. During your consultation with Dr. Killingsworth, he will give you the opportunity to confidentially express what areas of concern you have before they thoroughly examine your face and neck including your skin, muscle tone, bone structure, and fat distribution. Dr. Killingsworth believes that knowledge enables a patient to make a more informed decision so they will encourage you to ask questions, and will listen to your desires before creating a treatment plan that will give you the results you expect and deserve. For some patients, Dr. Killingsworth will recommend combining more than one facial procedure into one session to save the long downtime and recovery process involved with numerous surgeries.
What is a Normal Face?
The appearance of your face is determined by four basic components that include:
- Bone – The facial skeleton is responsible for the shape of your face and the foundation that supports the overlying soft tissues.
- Muscle – The muscles that allow you to make expressions are located in various areas on the face and they originate in the bone around the facial skeleton.
- Fat – The fat on your face is located above the muscle layer and below your skin.
- Skin – The outermost layer on your face is the skin and it is made up of three layers including the epidermis (outer layer), the dermis (structural layer where the epidermis rests), and the subcutaneous layer which is located below the dermis with the rest of the fat compartments providing a “cushion” layer to your skin.
From your forehead to your neck, your face makes a significant statement about you and being satisfied with your facial appearance sends a powerful message of self-esteem, pride, and confidence. Facial plastic surgery at Atlanta Aesthetics offers many options for refining and improving all areas of your face, and Dr. Killingsworth believes strongly in achieving natural results. Their ultimate goal is to make you look younger: not to make you look like a different person. If you are ready to turn back the hands of time, we invite you to call Atlanta Aesthetics today and let us schedule your confidential consultation with Dr. Killingsworth.
Atlanta Facial Surgery Cost and Financing Options
Dr. Killingsworth has earned an exceptional reputation amongst their patients because they take the time to tailor each surgery to the individual. As such, the cost of facial surgery varies by patient. We provide a complete cost of your procedure after your consultation. Payment can be made by cash, personal check, credit card and CareCredit® financing
Facial surgery at Atlanta Aesthetics is recommended for lines, wrinkles and creases around the mouth, nose, eyes and other areas of the face. Facial surgery is also recommended to improve the features of the face, such as the cheeks, chin, nose and lips. Contact us to schedule your personal facial surgery consultation at our Atlanta location to meet with double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon, Dr. Christopher Killingsworth.