Dermal Fillers and Injectables in Atlanta, GA
Not every person wants to undergo surgery to reduce the signs of aging. Men and women in Cumming, Atlanta, Forsyth County and surrounding areas of Georgia rely on Atlanta Aesthetics for minimally-invasive dermal fillers and injectables. Dr. Christopher Killingsworth, a double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon, and Atlanta plastic surgeon Dr. Cristen Catignani perform anti-aging treatments with today’s most advanced injectable cosmetic treatments.
Injections Used to Fill Wrinkles and Enhance Features
The injectable market is one of the fastest growing categories in all of facial plastic surgery, and dermal fillers are among the most popular products making that field grow. Twenty years ago if you wanted to get rid of the wrinkled and sagging skin on your face, surgery in the form of a facelift was basically the only way to achieve that goal but today there are a range of dermal fillers that can take years off your face during your lunch hour with no invasive surgery and long recovery time. By definition, a dermal filler is a product that is injected or placed into the dermis and at Atlanta Aesthetics, Dr. Killingsworth and Dr. Catignani know that perhaps nothing is more gratifying for their cosmetic patients than having an immediate correction of rhytides or scars as a result of the injection of a dermal filler. Fillers work under the skin to replace elasticity and plump up sagging skin, as opposed to the old techniques that tended to tighten and flatten the appearance of the face.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers & Injectables
The most popular dermal fillers today are made of hyaluronic acid (HA), which is a naturally occurring substance in the body that provides volume and fullness to the skin. After the age of 30, everyone loses approximately 1% of HA from their body and women lose this hyaluronic acid 33% faster than men. Because of this, the face starts to lose volume allowing the signs of aging to appear and hyaluronic acid dermal fillers add volume to the facial structures. HA dermal fillers are often a better option because the body already produces the chemical naturally so it will not cause an allergic reaction plus it gives a smoother, more natural appearance.
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, hyaluronic fillers have seen an 110% increase in procedures while BOTOX® has increased 115%. BOTOX® differs from dermal fillers because it does not fill wrinkles but instead reduces the muscular contractions that cause the wrinkles to form. Hyaluronic acid dermal fillers are today’s most popular and widely considered “best dermal fillers” because their naturally occurring substance is essential to restore youthful-looking skin.
Types of Dermal Fillers & Injectables
The choice of dermal filler material is very important depending on the area that needs to be corrected, and the results from most injectables and fillers are temporary; commonly lasting from a few months to a year depending on the type of facial filler or injectable used. A dermal filler or injectable treatment entails a series of tiny injections under the skin’s surface and the amount administered depends on the depth and size of the skin imperfection or wrinkle. In most cases, for optimal results additional treatment sessions are encouraged and currently several dermal fillers are available for use in the United States, in addition to subdermal fillers, or those that are placed underneath the dermis in the subcutis.
During your consultation at Atlanta Aesthetics, after discussing your areas of concern and examining the condition of your skin, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will evaluate your aesthetic goals and customize a treatment plan that will address your specific cosmetic needs.
- Dysport®: Atlanta Aesthetics offers minimally-invasive, injectable Dysport® treatments to soften the moderate to severe lines between your eyebrows.
- Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC: We are proud to offer a superior HA filler called Juvéderm® Ultra Plus XC. It was the first smooth consistency gel made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in your skin that helps add volume and hydration. It now contains lidocaine, which helps to numb the skin upon injection, making the treatment virtually painless. During your Juvéderm® treatment, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will ease Juvéderm® injectable gel under your skin to instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooth away facial wrinkles and folds including the marionette lines around your mouth and under your eyes, the creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds), the wrinkles around your lips, and Juvéderm® can also be used to enhance the cheek area. Hylacross technology gives Juvéderm® its unique smooth-gel properties as well as an optimal gel structure that is FDA approved to last up to one year after initial treatment. Juvéderm® provides a smooth, natural look.
- Radiesse®: contains carbon hydroxylapatite that works with collagen to soften lines and wrinkles in the nose and mouth area.
- Perlane® (Restylane® Lyft): is appropriate for many areas of the face that benefit from higher levels of hyaluronic acid to attract and bind with water.
- Voluma™: is specially-formulated to add fullness to the cheek area to give you a refreshed and younger appearance.
- Restylane® : contains hyaluronic acid that binds with water to reduce lines and wrinkles while hydrating the skin.
- Restylane® Silk: is specifically for lip enhancement and treating lines and wrinkles around the mouth. The lips are fuller and softer after treatment.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic: contains poly-L-lactic acid that promotes collagen production in the cheeks, chin and other areas that need more fullness and natural contours.
- Fat Transfer & Injections: use harvested fat from areas of your body to add volume and emphasize natural contours of the face.
The Dermal Fillers & Injectables Procedure
When dermal fillers are injected underneath the targeted imperfections, lost volume is replaced and aesthetically speaking: when considering injectables to improve your aging face, BOTOX® is effective for the top half of your face while dermal fillers dramatically improve the bottom portion. The main areas where dermal fillers are used are the areas that frame the teeth and mouth. Some types can also be used for high lip line cases, asymmetrical lips around the mouth, lip augmentation, and completing cosmetic dentistry cases by creating a beautiful, young-looking frame around the teeth. Dermal fillers will volumize creases and folds in the areas on your face that have lost fat and collagen so if you are ready to join the thousands of people who look younger because of their dermal filler treatments, please call Atlanta Aesthetics today.
Atlanta Dermal Fillers & Injectables Cost and Financing Options
The cost of your dermal fillers and injectables treatment at Atlanta Aesthetics is based on the combination of products that are recommended by Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani. We provide a complete cost after your consultation, and payment can be made by personal check, credit card, cash and CareCredit® financing.
Do you want to look younger without surgery and extensive recovery times? Contact Atlanta Aesthetics to schedule a personal consultation for dermal fillers and injectables. Dr. Christopher Killingsworth is a double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon who works with his partner, Dr. Cristen Catignani, with office in Atlanta.