Thigh Lift in Atlanta, GA
If you find yourself standing in front of a mirror pulling up sagging or rippling skin folds on your thighs, it is important to know that these traits are indicative of poor skin quality resulting from genetics, significant fluctuations in weight, and/or the natural aging process. A thigh lift by double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon, Dr. Christopher Killingsworth or Atlanta plastic surgeon, Dr. Cristen Catignani, will remove the excess sagging skin to give your thighs a toned appearance. With offices in Cumming and Johns Creek, Atlanta Aesthetics is a leading plastic surgery practice that offers thigh lift surgery for men and women in Forsyth County, Cumming and other areas around Atlanta.
Surgery to Improve the Thighs
For many women and men, fat is found throughout the thigh area specifically on the inner and outer thighs, the hips, and the saddlebags that protrude from the hips, buttocks, and thighs. Some patients have fat deposits only on the outer edges of the thighs while others have fat bulges on the inside. The thighs and hips specifically contain large amounts of the enzyme lipase (which causes these areas to store fat quickly) and that is one reason the thighs and hips are two places on the body that seem especially resistant to diet and exercise. Feeling ashamed of the way your thighs look will often limit the activities you participate in as well as the type of clothing you wear and only thigh lift surgery can tighten the lax skin around your thighs creating a more aesthetically pleasing frame.
Benefits of a Thigh Lift
Dr. Killingsworth and Dr. Catignani recommend thigh lift surgery to men and women who have sagging skin and extra fat in the thigh area. Ideal candidates are within healthy weights and wish to pursue cosmetic surgery to:
- Remove excess skin from the thigh area
- Improve thigh appearance by enhancing natural contours
- Reduce fatty deposits on inner and outer thighs
The Thigh Lift Evaluation
At Atlanta Aesthetics, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani perform a thigh lift procedure for patients who want to enhance their leg silhouette by improving the contours of the thighs and decreasing excess skin, fat, saddlebags, irregularities in the skin surface, and overall laxity of the thigh area. Thigh lift surgery is typically performed as an outpatient procedure using general anesthesia, although, in some cases, other methods of anesthesia may be used that may include intravenous (IV) sedation. There are several different types of thigh lift procedures that target certain areas for specific results and during your consultation with Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani, they will discuss your treatment options and determine what type of thigh lift surgery is right for you.
The Thigh Lift Procedure
The incision patterns Dr. Killingsworth and Dr. Catignani use will vary depending on the area (s) to be treated and the degree of correction required.
Thigh Lift Options
Some of the different types of thigh lifts techniques include:
- Medial or Inner Thigh Lift: As indicated by its name, an inner thigh lift targets the inner thigh and during this procedure, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will make an incision at the junction of the thigh and pubic area. They will then remove a wedge of skin and fat before tightening the remaining skin to provide improved leg contour and enhanced skin elasticity. An inner thigh lift will help people who have trouble eliminating excess fat from the inner thigh area despite diet and exercise. An inner thigh lift may also be used to treat reduced skin elasticity caused by the aging process or extreme weight loss.
- Lateral or Outer Thigh Lift: The bilateral thigh lift procedure is designed to tighten skin on the front and outside of the leg. During a lateral thigh lift, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will make an incision at the top of the leg where the lower edge of your underwear would sit. A certain amount of skin is then removed before Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani pulls the remaining skin up and attaches it to the same area. A lateral thigh lift serves to tighten skin along both the right and left side of the leg. This procedure is especially helpful to those who have excess skin after extreme weight loss.
- Posterior Thigh Lift: A posterior thigh lift reduces excess skin and fat in the middle and back portion of the thigh. During a posterior thigh lift procedure, Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will make an incision in the groin that extends to the back of the crease of the buttock. The skin will then be lifted, and excess skin and fat are removed to improve the shape of the leg and tighten the skin. A posterior thigh lift is designed for patients who are dissatisfied with the shape of their legs or who would like to remove excess skin after extreme weight loss.
- After your thigh lift surgery, your incisions will be closed with sutures, and you will be instructed to wear a compression garment in order to minimize swelling and promote proper healing. Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani will use the best thigh lift approach for your needs to reduce the appearance of the inner or outer thighs, helping you achieve a body that is slimmer, firmer, and more youthful-looking with contoured thighs that are proportionate to your buttocks, stomach, legs, and overall body image. As with any surgery they perform, Dr. Killingsworth and Dr. Catignani will make every effort to place the incisions so they can be hidden underneath clothing and over time most scars significantly fade.
Often, thigh lifts are combined with other surgical procedures, such as a tummy tuck, arm lift, breast lift and liposuction for additional sculpting and the most optimal outcome. The results of thigh lift surgery are visible almost immediately (although it may take several weeks for your final results to develop fully) and they will be long lasting as long as you maintain a stable weight and establish a regular fitness routine. As your body ages, it is natural to lose some firmness in your thighs but your new, sculpted thighs should stay relatively permanent by following the instructions provided by Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani. A thigh lift should not be considered an easy weight loss solution. The procedure is most effective for those who are close to their ideal weight but do not like the way their thighs look. If you are interested in a thigh lift, we encourage you to call Atlanta Aesthetics today and let us schedule your consultation with Dr. Killingsworth or Dr. Catignani.
Atlanta Thigh Lift Cost and Financing Options
Thigh lift surgery at Atlanta Aesthetics removes the extra fat and skin from your thigh area that makes you feel self-conscious about your legs. The surgery is tailored to each patient, so the cost varies. You receive a complete cost after your consultation, and we accept payment by cash, personal check, credit card and CareCredit® financing.
Do you avoid wearing shorts and swimsuits because you are embarrassed by your thighs? A thigh lift by Dr. Cristen Catignani, Atlanta plastic surgeon, or Dr. Christopher Killingsworth, a double board-certified Atlanta plastic surgeon, will remove the excess skin and fat. Contact us today to schedule a private consultation at our Cumming or Johns Creek location.